Grocery Store: Schnucks
Promotions:
Price-Offs- They had a “10 for $10 Mix and Match.” A variety of items were included in the promotion such as soups, pastas, and household items. I think that this type of promotion is very effective. It allows consumers to try to products at a very low price. So they aren’t taking that big of a risk on buying something they won’t like. However, if they do like it hopefully they will continue to buy it.
As I walked the aisles I noticed a few “instant redemption coupons” on some of the food items. I think coupons like these are somewhat effective; it could possibly get a costumer to try the product. However, at consumers we are bombarded with coupons and promotions so these aren’t very eye catching.
I saw a few “Cross-ruffing coupons,” such as on the tortilla chip bag there would be a salsa or cheese dip coupon from the same brand. I think especially around this time of year these types of coupons can be effective. When people are entertaining guest around the holidays they often have “finger foods” such as chips and dip so this could encourage people to try new dips. Like promotions hopefully the consumer will enjoy the product and continue to purchase it.
Another “Price-Off” promotion they offered was a sale on their Christmas lights and food for holiday dinners. I think this is effective because they know people are very likely to buy lights and food items for family gatherings this time of year so they are hoping by lowering their prices people buy them at Schnucks.
Schnucks was also having a sale on 2-liters of Pepsi products. The sale was buy 4 for $5, so basically it would average out to getting one free. I felt like this was a good deal especially with the holidays coming up. A lot of people buy 2-liters to have a variety of drinks for gatherings.
No comments:
Post a Comment