Thursday, October 28, 2010

Media Diary


Day 1:
Media: 
Internet (Facebook, SIU,GOOGLE) (2 hours throughout the day) 
Television (The Ellen DeGeneres Show- 1 hour)
Radio (Hour in the morning)

Ads that caught my attention:

 Internet- Charmin toilet paper ad

 Television- Sex and the City season DVD package
 Radio- Chittyville Haunted house the “Bra Brigade”


Day 2:
Media:
Internet (Facebook, SIU,GOOGLE)  (3 hours throughout the day)
Televison (TLC, Say Yes to the Dress)
 Radio (Hour in the morning)
Billboards- driving across town


Ads that caught my attention:


1.) Internet- Charmin toilet paper
2.) Television- Yoplait Yogurt, Cascade dish washer soap
3.) Radio- Ads for haunted houses (Chittyville), Breast Cancer awareness (“Bra Brigade”)
4) Billboards- Memorial Hospital
 


  
I’ve personally been busy with work and school over the past few days so I haven't spent much time paying attention to any kind of media. However, the little time I did, I found myself paying the most attention to advertisements on the radio. I listen to the radio every morning while getting ready for the day. I can focus on what they are saying because I’m doing routine things that don’t take a lot of my attention.
I actually pay attention to television commercials sometimes when I’m relaxing and watching T.V. but I was doing homework on commercials. Like most people I was using the commercials as a timeout.  A few commercials still caught my attention just because the message was catchy and I wanted to hear what they had to say.
            I noticed while looking at my results that the commercials obviously target the same audience that is watching the television show. For example, while watching “Say yes to the dress” on TLC there was a Yogurt commercial which appeals to women, especially those trying to lose weight for a special event. I think internet advertisements were the least effective. I’m usually doing five different things on the internet at once such as homework, researching and facebook that I don’t pay attention to anything else.
From what I gathered I think the best way to target myself would be through radio advertisements because I actually listen to what is said.  Also television advertisements because if the television show interest me then the things they are advertising most likely will too.



No comments:

Post a Comment